About Me

My photo
Most of you know that I came from a big family ~ 7 kids! No, we are not Catholic. Yes, we had the same parents. (Those are usually the two questions people ask when they hear "7 kids?".) Most of you also know that my mom was sick for years. I am the second oldest, so I did a lot of the care-taking of the younger kids. I learned to cook when I was 10. I remember the first thing I cooked with my dad was Tacos. I loved cooking. Then, there was the baking. I made all the desserts and the b-day cakes for everyone's b-day, including mine. And I loved it! Another thing I remember is my grandmother making the biggest dessert spreads ever at the holidays. She made sure that every person there (we are talking, like, 30+ people) had their favorite dessert. I remember visiting her when I was 20. We cooked & baked all week. I never felt as close to her until then. We had this bond now - baking! I learned so much from her. I think it fueled my love of baking ~ and cooking! Now, at the Holidays, I make sure to prepare everyone's favorite dessert, no matter how many attend. It just wouldn't be the Holiday's if you didn't have your favorite pie, cake, cookie or candies!!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Coconut-Pineapple Coffee Cake

Tahoe Meals: Day 4, Dessert 

This is one of the most moist coffee cake I've ever had.  I made it for Easter this year and took it to my brother and sister-in-law's house (Sam & Melanie).  Sam said that this was his new favorite of my recipes!  It's really great.  I'm thinking about adding mashed bananas and pecans next time....  I'll let you know how that goes!! 

Ingredients:
  • blueberry muffin mix
  • egg, 1
  • milk, 1/4 cup
  • pineapple, 8 oz. crushed & drained
  • coconut, 1/2 cup
  • butter, softened, 1/3 cup
  • brown sugar,  packed, 1/3 cup
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400*.
  2. Mix muffin mix, egg, milk & pineapple.
  3. Pour into a greased 9 X 9 baking dish
  4. Sprinkle coconut evenly over the mixture.
  5. Combine the brown sugar and butter, then spoon over the coconut.
  6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment