About Me

My photo
Most of you know that I came from a big family ~ 7 kids! No, we are not Catholic. Yes, we had the same parents. (Those are usually the two questions people ask when they hear "7 kids?".) Most of you also know that my mom was sick for years. I am the second oldest, so I did a lot of the care-taking of the younger kids. I learned to cook when I was 10. I remember the first thing I cooked with my dad was Tacos. I loved cooking. Then, there was the baking. I made all the desserts and the b-day cakes for everyone's b-day, including mine. And I loved it! Another thing I remember is my grandmother making the biggest dessert spreads ever at the holidays. She made sure that every person there (we are talking, like, 30+ people) had their favorite dessert. I remember visiting her when I was 20. We cooked & baked all week. I never felt as close to her until then. We had this bond now - baking! I learned so much from her. I think it fueled my love of baking ~ and cooking! Now, at the Holidays, I make sure to prepare everyone's favorite dessert, no matter how many attend. It just wouldn't be the Holiday's if you didn't have your favorite pie, cake, cookie or candies!!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Hamburgers, Rosted Potatoes, Mexican Caesar Salad & S'mores Indoors

Tahoe Meals: Day 5, Dinner

Most of what I made tonight, I've blogged in the past, so I figured I would just post the whole meal here...

Not a great picture!  The burger is hard to see (left side)


Mexican Caesar Salad:

Ingredients:
  • Romain lettuce
  • Pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
  • El Torito Cilantro Caesar Dressing
  • Crunchy Tortillas Chip Strips
  • Avocado, cubed
Directions:
  1.  Mix it all in a big bowl!


Roasted Rosemary & Garlic Potatoes


Bacon-Wrapped, Feta Hamburgers

Ingredients:
  • hamburger meat
  • teriyaki sauce
  • feta crumbled
  • bacon
Directions:
  1. Mix first 3 ingredients and form patties.
  2. Wrap bacon around patty and bbq.


S'mores Indoors

This has been blogged before, but we made it a little differently.  We used flat marshmallows!  
S'mores Indoors
Lil' slice of YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment