About Me

My photo
Most of you know that I came from a big family ~ 7 kids! No, we are not Catholic. Yes, we had the same parents. (Those are usually the two questions people ask when they hear "7 kids?".) Most of you also know that my mom was sick for years. I am the second oldest, so I did a lot of the care-taking of the younger kids. I learned to cook when I was 10. I remember the first thing I cooked with my dad was Tacos. I loved cooking. Then, there was the baking. I made all the desserts and the b-day cakes for everyone's b-day, including mine. And I loved it! Another thing I remember is my grandmother making the biggest dessert spreads ever at the holidays. She made sure that every person there (we are talking, like, 30+ people) had their favorite dessert. I remember visiting her when I was 20. We cooked & baked all week. I never felt as close to her until then. We had this bond now - baking! I learned so much from her. I think it fueled my love of baking ~ and cooking! Now, at the Holidays, I make sure to prepare everyone's favorite dessert, no matter how many attend. It just wouldn't be the Holiday's if you didn't have your favorite pie, cake, cookie or candies!!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Sausage Croissant Bake & Hashbrown Quiche - Friday, Breakfast

Sausage Croissant BakeIngredients:
Croissant Dough (package of 8)
16 oz Breakfast Sausage, bulk
8 oz cream cheese
Maple Syrup, optional
Butter or Egg

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. Brown sausage over medium high heat and drain. Cool.3. Spread 4 croissants out on baking sheet. (I use aluminum foil for easy clean up).
4. Top with drained, cooked sausage.
5. Drizzle Maple Syrup across meat, optional.
6. Cut cream cheese into small pieces and evenly dot the top of the sausage.7. Top with last 4 croissants, pressing sides together to seal.8. Brush top with butter or egg to brown the pastry.
9. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and flaky.
Credits:
This comes from my SIL, Bonnie Brown. Many of the recipes you see on this blog will come from her. I love our visits to Las Vegas because I will surely return with lots of new, yummy recipes! This has become a Brown family staple at our brunch get-togethers. Thanks Bonnie!!

Hashbrown Quiche2 Individual Portions

Ingredients:
1 cup Hashbrowns, shredded and pressed between two paper towels (try to remove all liquid)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup ham, chopped
1/2 cup cheese (cheddar/Mozzarella OR cheese of your choice)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425*
2. Press hashbrowns into sides and bottom of baking dish (2-cup ramekins)3. Drizzle butter over sides and base.
4. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
5. Dice ham.6. Blend eggs and milk.
7. Remove hashbrown crust from oven. Reduce heat to 350*
8. In the crust, layer ham & cheese, then poor the egg mixture evenly over both dishes.
9. Return quiche to oven and continue cooking for 20 - 30 more minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean.

Variations: There are too many to list! But rest assured, I will be making many, many more quiches, and the choices are endless. Get creative!

Credits:
Once again, I want to thank Julie Novak for inspiring my love of quiche! After your Book Club Quiche lunch about 4 years ago, I make quiche of every kind now: Veggie, Spinach/Feta, Dessert Quiche, Broccoli, Ham & Cheese, etc. I'm already dreaming up the next one! Thanks Julie!

No comments:

Post a Comment