About Me

My photo
Most of you know that I came from a big family ~ 7 kids! No, we are not Catholic. Yes, we had the same parents. (Those are usually the two questions people ask when they hear "7 kids?".) Most of you also know that my mom was sick for years. I am the second oldest, so I did a lot of the care-taking of the younger kids. I learned to cook when I was 10. I remember the first thing I cooked with my dad was Tacos. I loved cooking. Then, there was the baking. I made all the desserts and the b-day cakes for everyone's b-day, including mine. And I loved it! Another thing I remember is my grandmother making the biggest dessert spreads ever at the holidays. She made sure that every person there (we are talking, like, 30+ people) had their favorite dessert. I remember visiting her when I was 20. We cooked & baked all week. I never felt as close to her until then. We had this bond now - baking! I learned so much from her. I think it fueled my love of baking ~ and cooking! Now, at the Holidays, I make sure to prepare everyone's favorite dessert, no matter how many attend. It just wouldn't be the Holiday's if you didn't have your favorite pie, cake, cookie or candies!!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Croissant Dogs & Sauteed Veggies - Wednesday, Dinner


Croissant Dogs

Ingredients:
Hotdogs
Croissant Dough

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. Place hotdog at the narrow end of the croissant.
3. Roll the dough around the hotdog, covering as much of the hotdog as you can.
4. Place croissant dog on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until croissant is golden brown.


Sauteed Veggies

Ingredients:
1 tbls Olive Oil
1 Carrot
1 Zucchini
10 - 12 mushrooms
2 tsp chopped garlic (or two cloves)
1 tsp butter
1 sweet Onion, sliced thinly
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Slice mushrooms, zucchini and carrots thinly.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
3. Add veggies and saute for about 20 - 25 minutes, stirring often.
4. While the veggies are sauteing,
heat the butter in a different skillet and add the sliced onion.
5.
Caramelize onions, stirring occasionally until transparent.
6. Add the caramelized onions and chopped garlic to the veggies during last 5 minutes of cooking.
7. Season to taste.

1 comment: