About Me

My photo
Most of you know that I came from a big family ~ 7 kids! No, we are not Catholic. Yes, we had the same parents. (Those are usually the two questions people ask when they hear "7 kids?".) Most of you also know that my mom was sick for years. I am the second oldest, so I did a lot of the care-taking of the younger kids. I learned to cook when I was 10. I remember the first thing I cooked with my dad was Tacos. I loved cooking. Then, there was the baking. I made all the desserts and the b-day cakes for everyone's b-day, including mine. And I loved it! Another thing I remember is my grandmother making the biggest dessert spreads ever at the holidays. She made sure that every person there (we are talking, like, 30+ people) had their favorite dessert. I remember visiting her when I was 20. We cooked & baked all week. I never felt as close to her until then. We had this bond now - baking! I learned so much from her. I think it fueled my love of baking ~ and cooking! Now, at the Holidays, I make sure to prepare everyone's favorite dessert, no matter how many attend. It just wouldn't be the Holiday's if you didn't have your favorite pie, cake, cookie or candies!!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Goat Cheese and Ham Sandwich

This is such a yummy sandwich, introduced to me by my sister, Sarah!!  She makes them way better.  Or maybe it just tastes much better when someone else makes it, and you just get to enjoy it!!  :)

Ingredients:
  • tsp of olive oil
  • goat cheese
  • sourdough bread
  • ham, sliced deli style
  • honey
  • lettuce, optional


Directions:
  1. Brush the olive oil on each piece of bread with a pastry brush. Toast for about 5 minutes.
  2. Spread goat cheese on the non-oiled side of each slice (to taste - depends on how much you like!!)
  3. Drizzle honey on the goat cheese.
  4. Place about 3 slices of ham on sandwich.
  5. Add lettuce, if you choose.
  6. Cut in half and ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment